30 December 2022

Ukiyo - the Quilt


Ukiyo is finished.

(noun "living in the moment, detached from the bothers of life")

55" x 71"


This was the second quilt as part of the 2021 AHIQ Symmetry or Not challenge.

(the first quilt top was Pandemonium - later donated to Mercyful Quilts by way of Alycia during Hands 2 Help 2022)


No outdoor photos - just too darn cold thanks to Winter Storm Elliott.


I do love the binding (cut lengthwise from KF yardage).


Here Ukiyo is laying on the floor in the sunroom with late afternoon sunshine.


Quilted with Glide in Pink Rose using my liberated all over spiral fans.


4 comments:

cspoonquilt said...

Great finish! I love the eclectic collection of fabrics, bold and colorful and full of little surprises! And the border fabric is a real hoot! Tiger, eeyore, piglet and pooh a great choice!! Happy New Year!

Mystic Quilter said...

I love how you've fitted all the elements together beautifully, I do like your two side borders with the darker colour, they hold it all together before going on to the softer final border.

Kaja said...

I love how you have mixed your colours and patterns and the way the three largest strips anchor everything.

Janie said...

Living in the Moment, yes, I like that!
Beautiful finish, colors and design.
Congratulations.