I'm steadily working my way through the string blocks from the prompt
for the #AHIQStringTulipQAL
I have half of the blocks ready but being impatient I needed to
to see a few on the design wall and just placed three.
Although Ann suggested we leave the papers in until ready to sew
mine practically fell out on their own! I had used a 1.5 stitch
length on my Bernina and found it ideal. I went ahead and stitched
to stop any stretch and going slowly at the machine worked well
Originally I increased the individual block size to 6 and 1/2" cut,
which was 1" larger the the ones made by Ann, however when placed
together they seemed very overpowering so I trimmed them back to the size
used by Ann, a much better look!
My intention is to sew two sets of four together ready for the top
and bottom of the quilt and the sets of three for the sides to try and avoid
any fraying or stretching.
Back to the machine, these are a joy to make!
Maureen aka Mystic Quilter