02 January 2023

Plans for 2023

 Happy New Year everyone!

Ann and I have been setting challenges on this blog since January 2017.  We have noticed that recently fewer people have had the time/inclination to follow the prompts, though in some cases we know you are still working on prompts set some time ago.  With that in mind, we are not proposing to set a prompt for the first half of this year.  Instead, we're going to suggest a monthly topic.  Hopefully this will prompt some interesting discussions around quilts and quilting.  

Of course you are still welcome to post your quilts here and to share other ideas/thoughts/inspirations as you feel inclined.

So, to kick us off, I'm inviting you to post about your quilting hopes and plans for this year.  I hesitate to use the word "resolution" because I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, but is there a new technique you would like to try, a quilt you want to make or  a project you plan to finish?  Is there something you've done already that has left you with an itch to scratch?  Have you already spotted the first squirrel of the year?  Or maybe you just need to figure out a way to carve out more time or space.  

I'll post mine in a day or so, but feel free to chip in any time.  

The gratuitous quilt picture shows four of my tops done in response to challenges: Two blocks, Tulips, Symmetry and Sun.


4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the idea of a monthly discussion topic - will gather my thoughts and post something soon. Happy 2023 to all.

Janie said...

A monthly discussion topic is good, sharing ideas, tips and inspiration benefits everyone.
Happy New Year!

Ann said...

Thanks for sharing photos of your quilt challenges. They are inspiring. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Mystic Quilter said...

Monthly topic and discussion is an excellent idea. I am presently pondering on what I hope to achieve this year - hoping that I get thought the year with two working arms in 2023 - so it could well be the end of the week before I post.