29 May 2021

ESS Blocks done

 Hello. This is my first post here. I'm Angie Nudge and I've been quilting since 1986. I have a blog. If you want you can read it here.  I happily stumbled across Ann's blog and have been fascinated by her many creative quilts that so appeal to me - they are so colorful!  So I decided to try my hand at her Tulip quilt. I just happened to have a large garbage bag of strings, so I pulled it out and made the outer border for this project.  I tried so hard to be improv, but I kept changing things - strips that is - lol.  Oh, well, think they came out okay.  I found that the telephone pages I used for my paper shrank. Just an 1/8 on two sides, but this was easily fixed by just using my 6 1/2 square ruler to square the blocks up to 5 1/2".  

So here they are:


Now to make the string blocks to make the tulips!  Thanks for letting me join the group. Blessings!

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Beautiful work in progress Angie! I like those elongated triangles in white --they add a lot...hugs, Julierose

Ann said...

The white triangles add an interesting touch. It's like looking out a doorway. They make the rest of the strips glow like stained glass. Wonderful job. Thanks for sharing.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great blocks - have fun with the tulips!

Kaja said...

Welcome, Angie. Like Ann, I think those white triangles are a clever idea, which adds an extra, lovely dimension to your strings. I'll look forward to seeing this with your tulips.

Mystic Quilter said...

Hello Angie - I too think the border effect created by your white triangles is such a great idea.