23 March 2021

Slow but Steady

 A quick update on my String Tulip QAL progress,


the three blocks on the RH side are not sewn together 
right now, but will be tomorrow along with the remaining three
blocks.

Mine are a smidgen smaller in size than Ann suggested, purely accidental
in that I trimmed a little too much off when squaring up,  I'm calling it a happy accident!

The tricky part for me will be the tulips, I tend not to hand applique if I don't have to do so,
I prefer to use the sewing machine so I need to think how I'm going to
'attack' the next part of the QAL.




6 comments:

Marly said...

These look good! I'm still pondering my "attack" on the tulips too!

Julierose said...

Your strings are looking great----good luck choosing a "tulip" method...
hugs, Julierose

Pam said...

So pretty!!

Robin said...

The fabrics you have chosen just sparkle. Nice job on the string units.

Ann said...

The border looks so good! No hand piecing on the tulips unless you want to. I sewed mine by machine.

Mystic Quilter said...

Thanks to you all for leaving your comments, sorry I am so late responding, busy thinking about tulips!!!