01 April 2021

Strings galore - but still not enough!

Just to show I'm doing something towards the challenge! 

None of the blocks are joined so far; I keep rearranging them. I've trimmed all these to 5.5", following Ann's example.

I'm still thinking about the tulips, but most of the pieced tulip patterns I've seen have silly little little leaves at right angles to the stem, which tulips don't. So it looks like I'll be piecing the flowers to my own design on my appliqué sheet - it's about time I used it.

I have an idea for the layout of the centre piece, but it's too nebulous to describe. However it will also require the appliqué pressing sheet.

Keep safe and healthy

Happy sewing

Marly.

5 comments:

Robin said...

All your string blocks look great. I haven't even started. Strings and I don't have a lot of successful history between us. It's so silly because strings are the easiest thing ever. I look forward to seeing what tulips you come up with. This is such a colorful project.

Ann said...

Your browns add depth to the blocks. I find string blocks always take longer than I think to piece. No rush. It will be great to see what tulips you design or what you decide to put in the center. Thanks for sharing, Marly.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm loving this String Quilt project, and have just finished up my last two blocks. Like yourself I have been pondering the tulips and decided there will be flowers in the centre but not pieced tulips.
Keep on with your lovely blocks and you'll soon have them all on the wall.

sue s said...

I know what you mean about the tulip leaves- but it was too late before I realized it!

QuiltGranma said...

I agree about the tulip leaves. Design your own and make it play well with others.