29 February 2020

Orange Hourglass Block Challenge and Flying Geese Block SAL 24



Here are my small orange Hourglass blocks with Flying geese blocks.

This small quilt top is the result of three challenges tucked into one.

The orange is the RSC color challenge for February.
The Hourglass blocks are for the AHIQ challenge.
The Flying Geese are for Dawn's SAL 24, where you choose pg. 24 or 42 or 2 or 4 in one of your quilt books you've been meaning to get to and make up that block.

I realized they all worked together well, so adding a few borders and corner blocks, together I pieced them.

A small think on your feet project.

See my blog for more info.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Ann said...

I'm happy to see this lovely orange improv here, too. Interesting to see how you used HSTs to create two different blocks.

QuiltGranma said...

Lots of bright orange make it harder for me to see the hour glass blocks, what a great little quilt!

Kaja said...

Thinking on your feet has definitely worked well. The orange is gorgeous.

Mary Marcotte said...

The orange on orange does blend together but it's much better when I enlarged the picture. Brilliant idea to roll three challenges into one!