24 February 2020

My kind of slow stitching

Slow stitching...for me, is an improv piece that takes forever to progress.
Four years ago, our Wednesday night group had a purple challenge.  It started with dark and light "purple" fence rail pieces. Two members have finished their quilts..
OK, two out of 12!!! 
 I keep plugging along..
I have two of the purple challenge pieces going...Starting to love it.
...Slowly proceeding...
Slowly, Even by machine.
This photo shows the addition of another border.

10 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

It's looking great! I love the colour combo in this, keep going... at your own pace :)

Julierose said...

Loving that color combo! Slow is good--and fun is the goal--not speed--at least for me these days...Enjoy hugs, Julierose

Ann said...

Isn't it interesting to simply think about our projects? You've chosen well. Good blend of pink to purple and the florals add just the right touch. I like this border. Are you going to add another?

Kaja said...

Sometimes slow is just how it goes. I like the colours and that border - how big are you planning to go?

audrey said...

This is so, so pretty!

QuiltGranma said...

Slow can be good, gives one time to think what to do next. Toss around a few possibilities. Change ones mind and change it again.

Janie said...

Great color contrast and piecing!
I'm starting to appreciate slow stitching too, anxiety is not good for the creative juices.

Mary Marcotte said...

The perk of slow is that you get to relish the process. It took me such a long time to appreciate this concept. Now I enjoy quilting in all its forms and processes and techniques. Sometimes I race through;other times I move at a snail's pace; always I try to just enjoy whatever is happening.

Mystic Quilter said...

So how come I missed this little beauty?? It's lovely Diane!

O'Quilts said...

My goodness...I am slow, catching these comments 2 years late. Thanks to all....Must bring this out of the stack to finish in the new year xoxox!!