30 January 2020

It is time ...

join in with the AHIQ group and get my quilt started with the theme being hourglass blocks. I have been so busy with other things that I have not spent time playing with the group and it is about time I do! I want to use scraps since that is a goal to use as many scraps as I can in 2020 so I pulled out my yellow and red bins
I found a piece of each color and roughly cut 10.5 " - 11" squares for no particular reason.
I layered the squares
free cut them corner to corner
then shuffled them into two blocks
I think cut free cutting was a bit too straight! Maybe I need to partake in a beverage or two in order to loosen up a bit! LOL!!! Anyway, these gray fabrics are going to be added in some way. I have a few ideas in my head.

6 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Looks like a great start! I look forward to seeing your progress.

O'Quilts said...

starting is inspiring...looks good

Julierose said...

Very nice start--so pretty--and cheerful..hugs, Julierose

Robin said...

The important thing is to actually start and you've jumped that hurdle. It's onward and upwards from here.

Ann said...

It's always fun to start with our scraps. No worries with those.

Mary Marcotte said...

Love the color palette! The first blocks look great.