30 January 2020

Hour-glasses: a modest start.




These hour-glass blocks were cut freehand, and then machine stitched with a quarter inch seam. The original squares which I cut into quarters were 2.5", 3.5" and 5.5". I didn't plan them that way, that's just how they came out of my green scrap bag. At the moment they aren't much, but I'm planning on making many more in these sizes, and making them fit!

As far as the colour goes at the moment I plan to stay with greens, and add blue, aqua and yellow in limited amounts, taking my cue from the small block lower left.. Of course this will probably change! It's improv after all!

Happy sewing
Marly.

6 comments:

O'Quilts said...

A start is a start is a start...the best way to do it.

Robin said...

This looks to be a fun colored quilt. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Ann said...

What fun to start with a few scraps and see where it leads.

Monica said...

Congrats for getting started! Love those greens!

Janie said...

Good for you! Great piecing too.

Mary Marcotte said...

Great start. The greens have a nice contrast going. Can't wait to see the addition of your new colors.