20 July 2019

Flower Garden - a Floral Finish



I finished the quilting and binding,
laundered the newly finished quilt,
snapped a few photos in the back yard, 
and shipped Flower Garden
to my cancer-stricken former boss.

It was delivered Monday afternoon.




Sadly he passed away Tuesday evening.

I am SO glad I didn't waste time getting it to him.

* * *

48" x 72"

Lattice design from Sujata Shah's Cultural Fusion Quilts book.

Quilted with liberated free motion fans (unmarked)
using Glide thread in Mocha

This is the first of several finishes
I hope to complete for the AHIQ Flowers challenge.


8 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Great happy quilt...so glad it got there in time xo

Marly said...

A beautiful garden! It’s so bright and cheerful - a tonic for the mind!

Julierose said...

What a great gesture--this is a beautiful quilt and must have made him smile...hugs and condolences, Julierose

Pam said...

Beautiful quilt with a special mission! Love that!! Thanks for sharing.

audrey said...

So bright and cheerful. I hope it will be a comfort to the family as well as time goes on.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A beautiful bright quilt! I'm sure it will be used & loved by family too now. I make quits for hospice here in NZ, they try & match up a quilt with a patient and/or family.

Mary Marcotte said...

Such a beautiful, happy quilt! The family will treasure it, I am sure.

Sandy Panagos said...

What a fun quilt! Thank you for sharing.