18 July 2019

Floral Improv Quilt Challenge AHIQ

'Alice in Blue' small improv medallion quilt.
Blue floral fabric by Cotton & Steel.

My medallion small quilt, Alice in Blue, before last border.

This is for the 'Floral Challenge' my small medallion quilt, Alice in Blue.
I'm making a study of medallion quilts, more on that in my crazyvictoriana.blogspot tomorrow.

Hint, Kaffe Fassette and his new book, 'Cotswold Medallion Quilts' is involved as is Gwen Marston's book, 'Liberated Medallion Quilts'.

More fun to come! Get your floral on!

8 comments:

Robin said...

You make such lovely things. This little quilt has meditation potential, I could stare at for hours. Now I'm all anxious to see your blog tomorrow.

Kaja said...

Ooh, you are quick off the mark and this is fabulous! I like your medallion quilts a lot so a floral one is an excellent option.

Mary Marcotte said...

As I was enjoying your quilt, I wondered how many times I'd have to rip out a block to get everything so organized and symmetrical. I just can't see it happening. :) I love that someone in the world can be so precise!

Janie said...

Thank you, Mary, although 'precise' is not what I'm after. Gwen Marston in her book, Liberated Medallion Quilts, has a great tip on getting borders to fit pretty darn close, I follow her tip and remember to square up after each border addition and that seems to work out well.

Quiltdivajulie said...

LOVELY -- thanks for the mention of the new KF book. I love Gwen's medallion book and am looking forward to KF's new one.

O'Quilts said...

lovely indeed

Ann said...

Medallion quilts are a perennial favorite of mine. I always enjoy them and yours is especially good. Love the way you are reprising the Alice design and using the same fabric in multiple borders.

Sandy Panagos said...

It is amazing what the stripes add. Love it!