15 February 2019

Cotton + Steel Spectrum Reds HST Border, a Rescue



I found a Cotton + Steel Spectrum Red layer cake I had forgotten about in my stash. 
I had pieced this together last summer and now what ?
The Spectrum Reds 'break it up' and bring excitement, just what was needed. 


Hello from Rancho Palos Verdes!
Where we've had rain storms off and on. It is still winter.


And I have AHIQ adventures to report. I was going through my stash and found a Cotton + Steel Spectrum Red layer cake I had forgotten about. I saw it and the light went on! I knew just what to do with those reds. I pieced a half square triangle border, for my HST barn raising medallion center I started last summer. It's the fourth border and now the whole piece measures 35 x 35".
More to come.

Have a great day and I'll be by to visit!


7 comments:

Julierose said...

Looks just lovely hugs, Julierose

audrey said...

This is so pretty! Love the shades of red that you ended up using!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

A great red quilt!

Robin said...

I love it! What a fun way to use the "red" theme.

Mystic Quilter said...

Janie, I love this quilt!! The shades of red are glorious.

Nifty Quilts said...

Wonderful quilt! The border adds so much.

Quiltdivajulie said...

That border makes a LOT of difference. Hooray!