16 January 2019

Another "Red Is A Neutral"

Here's another quilt where I used red as a neutral. 

Don't Set Sail On Someone Else's Star
72 x 90
(Snow kind of blew all over the quilt while I was taking photos that day.) 

Some of the stars were September 2013 Block Lotto winnings. I made the rest of the blocks and decided on a layout. 
Quilt was finished February 2014. 

This was the first time I added words to a quilt.  I thought the African proverb "Don't set sail on someone else's star"  was a good one for a high school graduate so put the quilt in the hope chest for a graduation gift for a grandchild. 

Cathy L in IA

6 comments:

Angie said...

I LOVE EVERYTHING about this quilt!!!

Ann said...

Such a treat, Cathy. Love the stars, the varied block sizes, the proverb, and the REDS. You are the busiest quilter I know.

Kaja said...

There's nothing about this that I don't like!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Wow! I love this one....you are fearless when adding color...beautiful!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the quilt and the wonderful title!!

Janie said...

This is fabulous, thrilling really.
I love bold color, I know not everyone does.
I'm starting to get warmed up to the 'red is neutral' challenge. At first I
thought it meant red should be low key, not noticeable.
But that is not the case with this quilt!
Thanks for clearing that up for me, Cathy.