16 December 2018

Final Post for My Mapping Journey



DH and I were talking a few weeks back
and I mentioned needing to finish up
my map challenge project.

He asked me what I meant
so I explained the challenge.

He grabbed his sketch pad
and drew what he thought of 
when he considered a "map." 

And I knew what I would do 
for my final post of this challenge.




This black and white neighborhood fabric
was just too perfect for the background.

And I found eight different brightly striped fabrics
in the stash for crosscut inserted roadways.




I even pulled out a yard of Keiko Goke log cabin print
to use for the backing . . . but then things stalled.

Which honestly seems to have been 
my overall reaction to this particular challenge.

Lots of ideas and lots of stall-outs.

It's a worthy challenge but it just hasn't resonated enough
to make we want to cut into my fabrics and make a quilt.  

* * *

To see what has been going on during year fifteen
please visit my blog and use the various 2018 labels 
in my sidebar including AHIQ, RSC, and finishes.

***

Now that I consider my Maps and Mapping Challenge done,
I'm looking forward to the two new challenges in 2019.






5 comments:

Robin said...

Love that black and white fabric. It will enhance another quilt eventually. I've enjoyed your quilting history, your map of your quilting progress.

Ann said...

The map challenge has been much more difficult than I ever imagined. Like you, I have many great starts but few finishes. In fact, just the one. It shows me I need to redouble my efforts to figure out what a map means to me.
I love your ideas and enjoyed your historical mapping. Very clever and useful.

Kaja said...

You are the first finish for this challenge! I love the fabrics you had pulled but if the idea doesn't grab you then it's definitely better to wait and use them some time when you feel inspired.

Kathy S. said...

Those scraps are gorgeous! LOVE that house fabric also. Happy 2019!

Mystic Quilter said...

Mapping your quilts over the years was an excellent idea Julie an d I've thoroughly enjoyed the journey.