20 November 2018

Year Thirteen (2016)



Just Wing It was one of my
Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.

This photo was taken by Lynne in New Hampshire
while the quilt was there to visit
her Liberated Birds class at Quilted Threads.




Happy Accident was started in a workshop
with Sujata Shah in St. Louis.

Sujata and I have followed each other's blogs
for a long time so it was fabulous
to spend time together in real life.




Max --
 my APQS George sit down longarm --
came to live in my sewing studio mid-year.

Learning to quilt my own quilts continues 
to be quite the adventure!




Sea Glass has to be the MOST special quilt
 I've had the privilege to make.

It was gifted to our elder son and his wife
during their baby shower in late July.

They had told us for ten years
that they did not plan to have children.

We are thrilled that they changed their minds
and decided to have Little Man.




Moments in Time was created during 
Audrey's Quilty 365.

I opted for six months rather than twelve
to keep the quilt's size within reason.

It was also one of the very first quilts
I quilted with anything other than
simple wavy lines.




In November, ALL of the quilts from my book
were shown during the Davies Manor quilt show.

See Rock City
The Seasonal Sampler
and the incredible Gallery Quilts

(click the link in the paragraph above
 to explore more photos and stories)

Chris (left) quilted all of them and this was
the first time she had seen them
 completely finished and all in one place.

What an experience to spend that weekend
sharing the quilts with those attending the show.

2016 was a very good year.


3 comments:

Kaja said...

I think it's fair to say 2016 was a fantastic year!

audrey said...

Loving the clamshell stitching on your Birds quilt. And of course I LOVE your circle quilt! lol You have much to be proud about with your marvelous barn quilts. What an adventure! Truly an awesome year for you. And the cherry on the top is the grandchild, of course...

Carli The Quilter said...

Lovely quilts! I never tire of seeing your huge collection of quilts.