04 September 2020

AHIQ 'Thinking Lovely Thoughts'.... Hand Pieced Primary Plaid Quilt Finish

My challenge quilt, Primary Plaids, finish.

 


My small quilt, Primary Plaids, was started as an AHIQ challenge, 'Thinking lovely thoughts'. The colors I used were the colors for August on my color calendar, Primary, which are the 'big three', red, yellow and blue.

Thinking 'lovely thoughts' and being away from my sewing machine I decided to make this quilt 'old school', just using scissors, hand piecing and quilting. Some of my favorite blog quilt friends and youtube quilt friends, hand piece and their work is amazing. So I gave it a try and really came to like the process of hand work. 

Stop in to see Carin's handstitching work at Queeniepatch.blogspot.com, and Mieko of Mieko Happytime and her Youtube tutorials.

And visit my blog for more adventure.

Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Robin said...

Your enthusiasm comes through. Glad you found that your "lovely thoughts" could be turned into something so cute and satisfying.

Quayquilter said...

This is so charming and hand piecing makes for a lovely soft feel.

Ann said...

A delightful quilt, Janie. Definitely happy thoughts here! Hooray for you.

Mary Marcotte said...

Sweet little quilt! The plaid is a great idea and the red adds just enough loveliness to make it pop. I haven't sewn in "old school" fashion in quite a while, although I enjoy it.

patty a. said...

Your little plaid quilt turned out fabulous! I love the red accents; they are what makes this quilt sing and send out positive vibes!