26 January 2020

Hourglass Blocks - Then and Now



This is the top of Retired (2017)
made using DH's former work shirts.

I used the Garden Windows design from 
Every Last Piece by Lynn Carson Harris.





This is the finished quilt in black and white.




And this is the finished quilt in color.

I'd forgotten that this one used hourglass blocks . . .




And this is my fabric pull to make
a quilt for the hourglass challenge.

I've named my project Copacetic - 
 which means "completely satisfactory."






5 comments:

O'Quilts said...

I really love this Julie...I want to make one too...The work shirt colors are perfect Great job!!

Kaja said...

I loved that retirement quilt, Julie, so I'm happy to see you working along similar lines again.

audrey said...

Retired is such a great quilt. Happy that you showed it again!

Ann said...

My DH's shirts are the same {non}colors and I'm always impressed what a wonderful quilt you made from these quiet fabrics.

Debra Dixon said...

Great save with those shirt fabrics! Really pleasing composition.