17 December 2019

Flowers on the Ocean Border

How time flies. All those ideas for flower quilts are still in my head but I finally added some to the Ocean Waves quilt made from some of the thousands of extra HSTs. I deliberately made extra because several people I love requested this design but then... we started traveling back and forth, the shoebox was put on a shelf and mixed with boxes of real shoes. It's good to clean at some interval or it would never have resurfaced.

Half flower pinned on the sides

While the blue striped yardage from Kaja was in my hand binding another quilt, I realized it blended with many of the blue in Tethys Waves. For a short while I considered flowers with blue petals but some reds pulled for another idea brought this red and white batik to light. Only a small amount and it seemed to blend beautifully with the red squares.

Here a quick photo of the current state. The red really tones down those horrible white gaps. {They looked like missing teeth - in reverse.} Now both reds are gone and only the smallest scrap of blue remains so here's hoping the machine stitching goes well.


Half flowers added to Ocean Waves
My other flower ideas will have to wait for next year but at least this is a nod to the prompt and an old WIP moves along.
Ann

1 comment:

Janie said...

Your half flowers look wonderful along the edge, the red is a nice contrast with the blues and fits right in with the red squares.