20 October 2019

I have no idea

I have no idea where this is going. It was supposed to be a quick little quilt made with scraps just to give me something to do while I was between "real" projects. Sometimes I just can't get going. I resolve that problem with a new project. Every time. I resolve to work on finishing something. Anything. But the new project just happens.


I guess the Red as a Neutral just isn't out of my system, because when I went to the scrap cupboard, they somehow followed me to the worktable. Anyway, there were some large chunks of scrap fabric in both bins, so win! I tried mixing it up a little and put some pieces on the design board. No, that was not working.


So I cut some pieces, trying to tone it down a little with larger pieces of neutral (left), making these rectangles cut on the diagonal and pieced together. No, not really working. I tried to make them into windmills (right). Still not a plan. But now I have a mission. I just don't know what that might be.
I'll keep you posted, both here and on my blog.

5 comments:

Robin said...

This looks like fun. Look forward to seeing what comes together.

Janie said...

I like the units you're coming up with. Lots of fun possibilities!

audrey said...

Starting a new project sounds like a great idea to me. It often works out so well! Love seeing red scraps get used up. There's just so much joy in the right reds.:)

Mary Marcotte said...

You know, Audrey, when you use ALL the reds, you're bound to get some right, right? I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. First it wouldn't cooperate, then finally, these units (thanks Janie for giving me a good word) just started to work. It's moving more and more toward shards of broken glass. I have no idea why, but yes, Robin, it is fun. I'm enjoying puttering and twiddling without any expectations or goals. It's been too long since I last played at improv like this.

O'Quilts said...

These are happy pieces!! Never you mind about UFOs...having fabric fun is more important..xo