22 March 2019

Finally! Chinese Coins finish

I worked on a Chinese coins quilt way back when we were challenged to do so. It seems so long ago. I have six granddaughters, which really means that I have a great deal of pink fabric. Pink of all types and shades and prints. It's almost wrong, except that I still sew for said granddaughters which leaves me with lots of scraps. I decided at some point to put them to good use. We were working on Chinese coins at the time, so why not?


This is what I came up with. I added the teal just because it was there and I liked the contrast. I discovered this pretty pink flowered linen in mom's stash and decided that it was the perfect backing. That despite the fact that it wasn't quite long enough. A strip of hot pink added to the top and bottom fixed that.


Naturally I wrote a post on this little quilt. You can find it here if you're interested.

6 comments:

Pam said...

Love, love, love this quilt!!!! What's not to love with all that pink and the bright blue accent! :)

Janie said...

What's 'almost wrong?'
Congratulations on a beautiful finish!
Everything right on.

Ann said...

The teal shines against the pinks. It looks wonderful! I’m so glad your finished your Coins.

audrey said...

What a happy looking quilt! The blue was a great addition to add a bit of spark. I am loving the backing too! Great choice.:)

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love this coins quilt - the teal adds just the right amount of "punch" to the pinks. Congratulations on the finish.

Mystic Quilter said...

Better late than never with this comment, I seem to keep on missing posts here. Love your quilt Mary, beautiful raspberry pinks and aqua, perfect combination.