29 November 2018

Chinese Coins 2 - hold up on the fabric side!

Well, I thought I had enough of the Aboriginal Dot
in the basket to finish up the strips for CC2 but
best laid plans sometimes go astray!


Last post I had this pieced


with a plan  to have three of these stitched together, I was fast running down
my Aboriginal Dot in the Teal.
I pressed on and had them all sewn but when I looked at this on the
design wall I had a problem!
The Teal strips I had carefully cut from the little fabric left
were curving slightly in the centre piece. 
 On to the unpicking. You can see the start of the problem in
below.


 No more fabric left so
off to the only local store stocking KF fabrics to hunt
for this particular colour, told no Teal listed.
Panic - but she did have a Free Spirit catalogue and we found that this
colourway is down as Charcoal.
None in stock and now waiting for a delivery, hopefully in the next day or so.

Next post link I'm hoping this will be completed, quilted and bound!

Maureen

8 comments:

audrey said...

I can totally see why you want the correct fabric. This is very striking! Loving the look and feel from the repetition!

Julierose said...

Beautiful piece--very lush colors hugs, Julierose

Robin said...

It's really a lovely quilt. The dark fabric really makes the other fabrics shine.

Ann said...

Such a lovely combination of fabrics. I like the controlled Coins with the aboriginal dots. The crazy strips add light sections. Offsetting the columns makes a wonderful design. Can't wait to see this finished, Maureen.

Janie said...

I hope your 'charcoal' gets delivered soon!
It's good that your local fabric store was willing to help.
And your progress looks great, I'll be back to see more.

Kaja said...

I'm so relieved you managed to track down the necessary fabric - this is going to be completely gorgeous.

Mary Marcotte said...

Such a pretty quilt to run out of just the right fabric. Hopefully, by now you've found it or something perfectly close! Love the quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

I must apologise to you all for my tardiness in thanking you very much indeed for your welcome comments on my CC2! I really don't know how come I never hopped over here, I realised I hadn't even read the posts from folks!!! Too much going on I think towards the end of the year and my mind is not in top gear!
The fabric arrived and strips are cut ready to be sewn, that's on my list of 'things to do' for next week.