29 July 2018

Making Progress - Slowly!

Moving on from my first post on this dedicated
blog I have made a little progress on my 'un-finished'
quilt. Kaja left a comment saying that she hoped I would be able to
make some progress, this was the push I needed to get on with it!

Below was the state of play on the 28th June.


Playing around in my 'spare parts box' I found a strip of
6" Churn Dash blocks made for an earlier quilt (never used).

I cut the strip in half


and this gave me just enough for two borders.

Thinking time needed, I wasn't inclined to make more
 Churn Dash blocks so decided on something completely
different for the remaining two borders, this echoed the
previous round of borders in that two different blocks were used.
I opted for 6" kaleidoscopes.


Just the one border to go and then corners to fill in, I already have a plan for these.
I've also decided on a name for this little quilt
'Playtime'

Hopefully the completed top will be posted within two weeks,
after that I can devote time to making plans for our new
Maps and Mapping challenge.

Happy Quilting
Maureen





6 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Good job Maureen xo

Sue said...

The color scheme here seems to me a bit of a departure from your usual, but it is very striking! Good playing!

Ann said...

I'm glad you chose to finish this top. It's very exciting to see you work a bit out of your comfort zone colors - although there are still many in this top. Good for you!

Kaja said...

I like this solution! How lucky that you had spares that were in the right colours too.

audrey said...

I am loving this outside border addition! Great progress!

Carli The Quilter said...

Phuef! In this heat, your quilt is like a licorice sundae! Right on, love it.