14 April 2023

Quilted Jacket

 Oops. Back in January I mentioned challenging myself to make a quilted jacket. The project seemed unrealistic for years but my son's been asking for one a very gentle intervals. What the heck. The worst that will happen is that it all gets tossed. 

Once I actually took it seriously, it wasn't that hard. I posted it on my other blog but forgot to put anything here. Belatedly, here it is.

Quilted coat, front view

And the side view. DS wanted the turn-down sleeves to keep his hands warm when walking the dog. {Isn't that what gloves are for?}

Quilted coat, side view

And the back. 
Quilted coat, back view

Choosing a pattern with raglan sleeves and making a muslin were integral to my success. Raglan sleeves are much easier to sew with these thick layers. The {multiple} muslins insured everything really fits him.
{It's easier to fit a muslin to someone else than to fit it to myself.}

Read more details here

Ann

4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Great job Ann!! I'm sure your son is thrilled with his jacket.
I like the four patch design, perfect choice and very effective.
Congratulations.

Kaja said...

Lovely to see this again. I have some sympathy with the turned up cuffs as I wear gloves but also like to be able to pull my hands right into the jacket.

Janie said...

Wow! congratulations on your amazing finish!
It looks warm and comfortable, just right for 'walking the dog.'

Angie in SoCal said...

This is a great jacket. Congratulations!