11 August 2022


Luciferous is now a quilt top (aka flimsy).

SO very far from my original idea, but so completely "me."

To assemble the top I stitched sets of rows (3 then 4 then 4 again) instead of working from the top to the bottom.

MUCH easier to work with.

This is the bottom set of four before the final yellow row was added.

I am really, really happy with the way this came together.  

The top measures 57 inches wide and 66.5 inches long.

Before putting Luciferous into the "waiting to be quilted" closet, I made some notes to myself about how I want to piece the back.

A week or so ago I realized that this backing, originally intended for Razzle-Dazzle, was actually better suited to Luciferous.

(Tropical Flair by Hello Angel for Wilmington Prints)

The Rollicking Robots "Glitch" yardage by Patrick Lose will be used for the binding and also for the inserts in the back.

Luciferous will definitely be a colorful scrappy happy quilt.

* * *

You can read the rest of the winding back story by visiting my blog and using the Luciferous label at the end of this post.


Julierose said...

Beautiful outcome on this one--I especially like that pop of pink and the two yellow rows...wonderful piece hugs, Julierose

Janie said...

Wow, bright scrappy colors for sure, congratulations on your top finish.

Ann said...

It's interesting to see how different these blocks look from Lynne's. Just your style! Thanks for sharing the idea to diagram and note the back plan. I'll copy that.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful colourful quilt with the perfect choice for backing too.

Mystic Quilter said...

A little late with this comment, sorry.Love your sharing of the process Julie And of course love Luciferous!

Mary Ellen said...

Another wonderful quilt from the diva herself!

Ulla said...

Perfect bright rainbow!