23 August 2021

Totally Finished Up With This One!

I feel like I've been a bit disconnected from the online quilting conversations for awhile now. Just trying to keep things rocking along at home and not finding nearly enough time to dedicate to the online quilting community at the same time.

AHIQFlowers is a completion!

AHIQFlowers quilt has finally, at long last, come to its final conclusion. Lots and lots of stitching on this one. At the start, I thought it would be completely quilted at approximately 1/4" apart, but then I pulled back and let the quilt dictate where it needed the most stitching. Doesn't that generally work out to be the better solution?

Something a little different for me. No tulips! lol

I've written more about the process and details involved in the making of this project over at my blog. As usual, I'm practically beaming at finding myself with another interesting U&U quilt interpretation. The fact that it was combined with yet another AHIQ prompt just feels like icing on the cake. I love how so many of the AHIQ challenges end up being merged with another idea I have waiting on deck! These prompts start out oh-so-simple with achingly wide parameters where it almost seems like the sky is the limit. How to narrow things down and get anything practical started? But then we set our mind to thinking about possibilities and eventually we find our little 'what if?' and off we go!

I still have one unfinished prompt left to finish up {Positive Thinking}, and then I'll attempt the latest challenge. Or maybe I'll start tomorrow. We'll see. Lots of energy has been expended towards wrapping previous undone quilt projects in the last couple weeks. Sometimes it takes a bit of clearing out the cobwebs and sweeping down the walls before we can wholeheartedly dive into the next challenge...



7 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Love this one Audrey - the half flower on the left balances beautifully with the full one on the right, I also like the separation of the two sides by your use of the grey and yellow strip. Perfect sentiments in the last sentence of your post, I am in that place right now!!

Ann said...

I keep looking at the beauty. It's interesting how everything balances out. Love your signature flower and keep finding other points of interest. This will keep us intrigued for years.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Truly, this finish should actually count for the asymmetrical aspect of the current challenge . . . without making anything new (grin). I love this one!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I just love this one, the flowers, colours, creativity it displays. A beauty for sure!

audrey said...

Thank you to all of you. I am super happy with this finish. It does everything I hoped it would and finished off wonderfully. I had to laugh Julie at thinking this could qualify for the latest challenge! Very tempting, but probably not as good for me as going ahead and making a go at something new! lol

Marly said...

You say this is in response to the flowers prompt, but when I first saw it I thought it was symmetrical / asymmetrical! Then you've got THREE birds with one stone!
I love this, especially as you chose to forget the strings. I made loads of string blocks, and still don't like them. Your flowers are lovely; such clever piecing.

Janie said...

Congratulations on your AHIQ Flower quilt finish!
I love the hand quilting vibe, tons of personality.