12 May 2021

AHIQ QAL - A Pocket Full of Posies

Borders are now on my small quilt last posted April 25th!

A Pocket Full of Posies

If you follow my blog you will have already seen this photo,
for those of you who haven't I took a little time coming to a decision
with the border treatment.

I had decided on using Spot in the Autumn colourway and spent some
time deciding whether one narrow border or a wider border would
fit the best. Neither of the two options seemed to work,
in the end I decided to split a wide border using a narrow insert
of the fabric used to cut the flowers for the centre collage.

I'm more than happy with the result.
The little quilt now measures 45 and 1/2" and will be hand quilted.

Thanks to Ann for this prompt, I have never used the string paper pieced
method before, I enjoyed it, I like the effect of the four blocks together,
but I found the bias a little tricky. I will definitely use this method
again and be a little more aware of the bias issue.

Maureen




                              

                                


 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh that dotted fabric is just perfect...beautiful piece, Maureen...love it hugs, Julierose

Marly said...

Beautiful, really exquisite! The border is exactly right; it echoes the colours of the centrepiece, and is calm following the strings. A perfect balance.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is so pretty!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Very pretty. The dot is a wonderful addition!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good luck with the hand quilting - this is just so well thought out.

QuiltGranma said...

the fabrics in the string blocks seem to sparkle!

Mary Marcotte said...

When something feels just a little off, cut it, split it, chop it. Something. Anything.
Your decision was spot on! The multiple borders echo the string blocks without being just more of the same. Plus, the borders support the medallion concept without taking away from it. Gorgeous quilt!

Angie in SoCal said...

Maureen, I love it - and really like how you added borders.
I love how you used the purple in the background and the borders.

Mystic Quilter said...

Thanks to you all for you welcome comments, I realise I am late in responding, a month of medical appointments slowed me down considerable in my post writing and reading.