06 June 2020

At last - Hourglass finish

Yes, a finish but a small one!!

I began with ideas of a decent size quilt, using just a simple
pattern
but I had issues working with a subdued palette.

You can read a little more about it on my blog, just check the
labels for Hannah's Garden.

What began as these blocks below on the wall gradually shrank because
I find it difficult to work with a subdued palette.



So, instead of a quilt I now have an 18"  square cushion!
I pulled the brightest blocks, quilted very simply but added
two small lace flowers to the centre block.




The lace came from a box of treasures given to me by my mother-in-law who in turn was
gifted the box from her grandmother.
You get a better view of the lace flowers below.



Kaja has just announced another challenge so I very pleased
that just squeezed in with a finish on the
previous challenge!

5 comments:

Mary Marcotte said...

I have lots of pillows precisely because I start something and can't push myself through it. More and more I've been putting the "whoops" blocks aside to chop into an improv piece....or several improv pieces. :)
Adding the lace was a stroke of genius! Pretty pillow!

O'Quilts said...

lovely xo

Kaja said...

This is so pretty, Maureen, and the lace works beautifully with the old-fashioned feel of the fabrics.

Mystic Quilter said...

Thank you all for your comments, I'm pleased with my decision to go small!

Ann said...

A beautiful and useful finish. Great job!