12 January 2020

Eamon's Mug Rug and Backing

I found more improv...My son asked for a large mug rug...or small table runner
He had gone thru my stash when he moved in to quilting room number three as his bedroom.
Piled in a special place I found these favorite fabrics of his...
When I went to visit my daughter in Portland, Oregon this fall,
I took the fabric with me to make his Christmas present.
Below is the cat batik for backing.
He was surprised and delighted...
I really appreciate the latest prompt...for I had all but forgotten
this blog... xo

8 comments:

Sandy said...

I love it. Very man-ish. That black and white houndstooth reminds me of a wool pantsuit i had in high school (1968). We thought we were quite "Carnaby Street back then.

Robin said...

Very nice. I love it when my kids show some interest in my quilting. The backing is great too.

Janie said...

Great design and fabrics, that will be appreciated!

Ann said...

The houndstooth check fabric is delightful as are the batik cats. You are clever to take a project along for the person you are visiting. The you can get opinions and ensure it fits where he wants.

QuiltGranma said...

I too had a hounds-tooth dress in the late 60's it was a medium blue and white. Ah, the memories you bring back!

Kaja said...

I like that little houndstooth in the mix - it does make for a very manly-looking piece.

audrey said...

Love the fabrics. Definitely a masculine vibe.:)

Mary Marcotte said...

Yes, I'm with everyone else....manly colors. I like this!