18 August 2019

Playtime - over 3 years in the making!!

I can not believe it was April 2016 that I stitched four blocks
which became my latest finish.

Playtime
AdHoc Medallion Quilt
 began life as these four blocks below


then the black/white spot added


then I began playing with borders


two more sides added


and so I continued on very sporadically until
this last week I had a finished top



which truly is AdHoc with nothing planned, just added
and hoped things worked out!
The Churn Dash
blocks were originally intended for one of my Memory Quilts, 
I balanced with Kaleidoscope blocks, filled in the corners
and bordered with the same ombre fabric as used in the
narrower border. 
This will now be added to the other, I think, 18 quilts waiting to be quilted.
I had intended to put this one in a drawer for the foreseeable future
but changed my mind!!

I have a full post on my blog HERE if you'd like to visit.




6 comments:

Julierose said...

This is truly lovely--I like all the additions; and that final border really adds a whole new dimension and pulls everything together so nicely great work
hugs, Julierose...

Marly said...

I love this result: bright and quirky! I don't see anything wrong with the borders, so probably you're over worrying, and the irregularities will quilt out. Congratulations on using brown: NOBODY I know personally ever uses brown! A pity!

Quiltdivajulie said...

MARVELOUS! I would not put this one away in a drawer either. It is well worth finishing and displaying!

Janie said...

Fabulous improv and piecing, I love it.
Tons of inspiration here.

Sandy Panagos said...

Wow, that is so cool. Thank you for sharing!

Ann said...

You used the ombre fabric very effectively. Thanks for sharing yourprocess. It's always interesting to see where and why artists make decisions.