02 July 2019

#AHIQflowers - my plan



Instead of starting something new for 
the #AHIQFlowers challenge
I'm going to FINISH several waiting projects
that involve lots of floral fabrics.

Number one on my list is to quilt this floral lattice project
(inspired by Sujata Shah's Cultural Fusion Quilts design)
as a comfort quilt for a former attorney/boss
who is entering hospice care.




My second project will be to quilt this 
Mercyful comfort quilt and get it sent on to Bernie 
for the Palliative Care unit at Mercy Hospital.




My third project will be to quilt my version
of Frankie and Ray's London Fields design.




Number four on the list
(thank goodness we have SIX months)
is to assemble and quilt this reversible table topper
that includes many floral fabrics in the four patches.

This is the top laid out on the design wall.




And this is the scrappy and very floral back
laid out on the design wall.

(top and back are both clipped
and ready to be webbed)




And IF there is enough time 
after the first four projects are completed . . . 
I  want work on a new project using a layer cake
of Sweet Pea and Lilly by Robin Pickens
and a design I found online.

CLICK HERE for the design info

I've named this project Otsego
in honor of the fragrant sweet peas that filled 
my grandfather's back yard in Otsego, Michigan.

(I rarely buy pre-cuts - but this group
had too many elements calling my name)

* * *

I'll share updates as these are finished.

Looking forward to seeing what others create
using the floral challenge.

(And I still need to finish both of the tops
from this year's earlier #AHIQRed challenge)



9 comments:

Kaja said...

That's a lot of flowery quilts, Julie! I like how you are finding your own creative takes on these challenges.

audrey said...

That's a great idea Julie! Win/win for you. I want to use one of my current 'fabric stacks' for the floral challenge. That seems like a good start.:)

Robin said...

Wow! What a bevy of floral quilts. You've got some beauties there. I love the reversible one. It just calls to me. The new fabric line is gorgeous. It's funny how we go along our merry familiar way with fabric and patterns and then something appears out of our normal realm of focus and we embrace it anxiously. Look forward to seeing what you do with the pre-cuts.

Ann said...

So many projects with such beautiful flowers scattered across them. Good plan to shape the challenge to your own needs.

Marly said...

Good luck Julie. Have fun with all these floral quilts.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow these are all beautiful projects. I wish you the best in getting them done!

Mary Marcotte said...

Wow Julie, you've got some big plans! Good luck getting all of them completed because they will make some awesome quilts.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thanks to each of you -- I've just finished the first quilt (Flower Garden) and will get it in the mail to the hospice patient tomorrow. I've posted about it over on Sujata's Cultural Fusion Quilts blog (since it is a design from her book). https://culturalfusionquilts.blogspot.com/2019/07/flower-garden-quilt.html

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm late, I'm late for a very important .....blog post comment! Why did I miss this post? I seem to go through the blog posts but not always go into the AHIQ blog, anyway I have loved reading of your plan and catch up with your beautiful quilts and catching your one from the 20th wherein we can see that your plan didn't quite work out!! Don't we all have that problem - I know I definitely do! As you say, there is always next year, but there will also be more squirrels!!