29 May 2019

Red is a Neutral - triangles and strips

I have a top all sewn up!!

For those who read my blog you will know the story, for those who don't
here is a brief summary and a look at the top


which is considerably smaller than I had intended, but I found working
with so much red a little overwhelming and my idea of a throw
size quilt was abandoned.
In fact at one point I considered abandoning the project totally!
Perseverance crept to the fore

Measuring 33" square it's fine for hanging on a wall.
I had quite a lot of reds left over from my Chinese Coin wall quilt
and good use was made of my scrap strings.

The border took a little time to hit on the one I really felt
tied the whole together - Rings in Black from
KF Collective fabrics.

Wonder what the next Challenge will bring!!

5 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am glad you persevered, because this is a really striking quilt! Beautiful!

Robin said...

Lovely little quilt. There is so much to look at. You did an excellent job of completing the challenge. I haven't even started. . . there are so many things that have taken precedence over starting a new quilt. I have been able to get some other things done so it's all good.

Ann said...

I saw this on your blog and am delighted you posted it here, too. A perfect example of neutral red. Your sophisticated fabrics make it very rich. I do like the block. I haven't used it in a while but you inspire me to try it again, too.

Mary Marcotte said...

Well, that is a lot of red! But oh my goodness, it's beautiful! It will brighten any room and warm those gray and beige neutrals that are so popular. Love the border, btw.

Mystic Quilter said...

Thanks so much to all for leaving me your encouraging comments. I have to say that I like it much more as I see it on my design wall and backing fabric and binding has been chosen!!