04 March 2019

Starting without a plan

Finally I get to Red is a Neutral, though I have literally no clue now what I am about.  

I found these shirts:
and teamed them up with some reds from my stash (no pictures because I have shoved them in the washing machine, but there is an old Grunge and a couple of Oakshott bits).

So far so good, but it seemed very red.

So I added these:
I'm thinking that the bits of green, black, white and tan give me some options in terms of what else I will add.

These two could open it up even more.
I am torn since the one on the right almost deserves a quilt all to itself.  It's in the mix for now though.

Here they are all together.
Now I've got to team them up with some not-so-red fabrics and see where that gets me.

9 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Looks like a great start for a new quilt!

Sandy said...

Looks like an excellent mix so far, Kaja. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Marly said...

That looks good! I'm finding red as neutral rather overpowering so I'm really interested to see how you make it work.

Robin said...

That shirt that you said deserves a quilt of it's own is a scene stealer. In the group picture, that's the one my eye wants to keep looking directly at. Happy sewing.

audrey said...

So funny how some quilts seem deserving of their own quilts! Maybe this is the quilt it deserves.:)

Mystic Quilter said...

You have a good selection of shirts there Kaja. I like the addition of the large checks.

Ann said...

You have the best collection of plaid and striped shirts.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your photos make want to go play in my plaid stash but other things are calling and keeping me away from the studio. sigh.

Mary Marcotte said...

You're oh, so close. I like the idea of adding some other colors. Maybe a few solids to settle down those plaids? Or are those the ones in the washer? Maybe don't listen to me...I have my own Red is a Neutral confusion over here.