28 October 2018

Years Nine and Ten (2012-2013)



This post contains mapping details
for the next two years of my quilting journey.

2012

a quilt quickly claimed by our younger son
and still hanging on the wall of his apartment.

(flimsy reveal post HERE)


Double click to supersize this photo

Amish Strings is one of my all-time favorites.

You can read it's reveal post HERE.

And you can read the series of posts for this quilt
that were shared on the UnRuly Quilting blog
by clicking HERE.


There were many other quilts 
started and/or finished in 2012,
but not necessarily important enough 
to be listed out here.



And so began 2013 . . . 

This is my studio spirit doll -
you can read all about her HERE.

She continues to reside in my design studio.

Double click to supersize this photo

Ongoing Conversation is one of my favorite rescue quilts.

The top was pieced and quilted by Wanda for her daughter
many, many years ago.

You can read the flimsy's reveal post HERE.

(sadly, all of the photos in the quilt's 
reveal post have disappeared
but the links still work)


Double click to supersize this photo

2013 was the year of my 60th birthday.

My Sessanta Stelle project
was created to celebrate that fact.

CLICK HERE to read about the collaborative project,
check out the extensive photo album,
and the names of all those who contributed stars. 




See Rock City - the quilt - 
was completed in early 2013.

SRC ended up becoming the cover quilt
for my book BUILD A BARN - No Pattern Construction.
(publ. 2016 by AQS)

The quilt is currently on display at Quilted Threads
in Henniker, New Hampshire.

CLICK HERE to visit the BUILD A BARN blog
and be sure to check out the many tabbed pages
including those for the book's gallery quilts and quilt makers.




4 comments:

Robin said...

Pretty amazing Julie. I love the stars and the Amish strings is so pretty.

Ann said...

I enjoy reading your quilting history. A clever way to map it. Thanks.

Kaja said...

This was a creative period for you. :-)

Mystic Quilter said...

Fantastic collection of quilts Julie and I adore your spirit doll - I think every quilter should have one in their studio!! A wonderful way to use all those glorious coloured threads that are either waste or carefully hoarded for a "someday" project. I'll head off to read all about her.