26 September 2018

Roads, Trees and Trails

Hi everyone, my mind mapping, map challenge notebook is getting thick. I've had sooo many ideas with this challenge and my fair share of what I think of as failures!

I love the work of @gahoulie on Istagram. She is free spirited and obviously sews like a fiend. And she is known for wearing pinafore everywhere! Go check her out.

Honestly, folks, I am spending a bit of time posting photos as I go and love the 'fast' part of IS. So if you are on Instagram, please pop over to @carlithequilter to see what I'm up to outside of this blog.


So my journey in the Map Challenge has been up and down and now its going green again. As you can see I have too much brand new fabric




OK, now that is better! Sunny day apposed to cloudy days above.



After much deliberation and discussion with my hubby who is a Certified Arborist for Oakstead.ca who loves this idea of trees as a mapping challenge in textile. We began to think in terms of seasonal changes which doesn't really change on a map, but in the physical landscape, seasons change everything.

On another note, the late wedding presents have finally  been done and delivered. Thanks Mom for taking them with you when you visited!




So onto my seasonal color fabric pick for next time!

Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Mapping seasonal change. What a unique idea! I want to see more of it and love that you have a resident expert for advice. ;-)
The greens are coming along. I see pathways.
Thanks for sharing your precious memories and your thoughtful interpretations, Robin.

Angie in SoCal said...

These are interesting posts on your thought process of producing "maps" Thank you.