15 July 2018

Red Wine and my Improv....

It is midnight...Under the influence of a few glasses of red wine,
I am thinking about Improv...I understand the creativity of the wonderful Kaja
Now I am wondering if fabric choice can be Improv...Even though this is a pattern,
I feel that the fabric choices are my own...I called it A-mazing Cats...
Is defining Improv as difficult as defining Modern Quilting used to be?
Can it be the secondary design within???
Here I show it on top of my husband's piano,
with the Christmas candles that were my grandmother's,
maybe 75 years ago.....and
the lamp I bought in Pakistan, made of camel's stomach..
I bought this lamp in Karachi probably 50 years ago.
I think that the camel would be pleased at its ever lasting life
and adoration
In all fairness to me tonight, I spent the day reading a great novel, The Orphan Train,
while dozing off under the influence of Benadryl...from a nasty spider bite.
Just stretching the thinking
Let me know...Diane from O'Quilts   xo

5 comments:

Robin said...

We are our own judge of what is improv and what is not. I think this is a lovely quilt with a lot of character. You've set up quite a ethereal mood with your candles and lamp. It's all very pleasing. Thanks for sharing.

Janie said...

Congratulations, beautiful quilt and display.
I agree with Robin on improv definition, good call.

Ann said...

What a great combination of important aspects of your life. That makes it original and unique. Thanks for Sharing parts of your life.

audrey said...

I love quilts that have lots of deeper meaning. Gorgeous quilt!

Kaja said...

Definitions seem to be such a tricky area, don't they? I too agree with Robin - improv is a state of mind, or approach, and as soon as you decide to discard the instructions and put your own spin on something, you are improvising. I love the colours of your piece and the way it is displayed here with a collection of objects that are part of the story of your life.