21 July 2018

Quilt 'Licorice Allsorts' Finished, Started Last Summer as an Improv Quilt Challenge

Licorice Allsorts was started last summer as an improv challenge quilt.

Back view, I pieced the strip from scraps.

Happy Weekend improv quilters!

My quilt, Licorice Allsorts is finished. As I stated above I started it last summer 2017 as an improv quilt challenge. 
I first pieced the 'liberated' rail fence blocks; the center medallion, and then added units/blocks of triangles, strips, squares and rectangles for the borders. Read more details here @crazyvictoriana.blogspot.com.

I forget what the challenge called for. I think I got inspired and went in my own direction.

Have a good day and I'll be by to visit.





5 comments:

O'Quilts said...

great job..It is wonderful to see other people flying by the seat of their pants creating..

Ann said...

I really like your mix of strips and long triangles. Plus fabulous color sense and charming back. I’m so glad you posted it here too. It’s a treat to see; I notice something new each time.

Kaja said...

Like Ann I really like your mix of rail fence blocks and those long triangles. You have produced a really dynamic piece, full of energy and colour.

Robin said...

This is delightful and I love the clever name

Carli The Quilter said...

Gorgeous and vibrant. absolutely stunning quilt.