05 February 2024

AHIQ News! Progress on Bramble Blooms QAL, Design Decision 3 Coneflowers with Raw Edge Applique, Borders Next..

Auditioning my design layout....

Raw edge machine applique started..

Ready for first border...

 

Hello AHIQ'ers!

I'm posting my progress on the Bramble QAL hosted by Audrey at Quilty Folk

Linda @ kokaquilts inspired me to get going and make some progress. I found a couple of tutorials that made sense to me on raw edge applique and gave it a try. 

Stop in to my blog and get more progress report. Check in to Quilty Folk for more tips on the project.

Have a great day, I'll be by to visit.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Linda's bouquet is certainly lovely. Good for you for building on her ideas.

Robin said...

Such an intriguing quilt. The machine quilting adds so much. I love the bright colors.

Angie in SoCal said...

Really love your cone flowers! That raw edge applique is great, too. Thanks for stopping by my post on the SAHRR.

Mary Marcotte said...

Here's a warning: once you try raw-edge applique, it's really difficult to try any other applique. These coneflower are gorgeous! I love the colors and have no doubt that the quilting will add even more movement. I have to get away from solids, now you've proven that prints provide so much to the picture.