06 August 2021

Mostly Green 4in1 Quilt Top Piecing Finish! Meeting 4 Challenges!

Mostly Green 4in1 Quilt top close view.

I finished piecing Mostly Green 4in1 quilt top, 48" x 48".

 
Hello quilt friends and fellow ad hoc improv quilt enthusiasts!

This quilt is the result of 4 challenges, I finished piecing the blocks and I had to share!
I go into more explanation in my post, crazyvictoriana.blogspot.com.
It started with a green block challenge, I pieced 9 Sixteen Patch mostly green blocks and then didn't know what to do with them, so they just sat and then got put away. 
Anybody ever done that? 

Time went by and AHIQ put a challenge out for making a quilt inspired by one of the quilts in Rodney Kiracoff's book, Unconventional and Unexpected. 
Linda @https://kokaquilts.blogspot.com/2021/04/nine-patch-action.html made a great quilt inspired by one of the quilts in Rodney's book.


Then AHIQ put out the scale challenge, blocks showing different sizes. 
I started thinking about that...

Then came the AHIQ challenge, asymmetrical/symmetrical. 
Aha!

And so began the adventure of my Mostly Green 4in1 Quilt top adventure and this is where I'm at today.



5 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

This is looking amazing! I love all the different sizes, and those 'pops' of red are very eye catching!

Ann said...

A wonderful top. So clever of you to mix all these challenges into one wonderful finish.

Robin said...

What a wonderful combination. It appears to be simple but the more I look at it the more innovative it becomes. Nice work!

Mystic Quilter said...

Clever move combining four challenges into this exciting quilt top!

Quiltdivajulie said...

VERY cool - terrific way to combine challenges!