06 September 2019

inspi(RED) - the Flimsy



The idea for this quilt arrived in February of this year





I've always wanted to make my version of
Amanda Jean Nyberg's Birch Trees design -
and this was the perfect opportunity.





I could combine the already-pieced skinny insert strips
with reds from the stash and count this project
 towards the AHIQ Red is a Neutral challenge
from earlier this year.





I've also always wanted to make a RED quilt -
so the collision of timing with all these elements
was absolutely perfect for me.





The finished top measures 48" wide x 60" long
and features 20 different red fabrics from my stash.

I even found a very red reproduction print 
in the stash  that will work beautifully for the back -- 
another bit of fortunate timing.

inspiRED makes me VERY happy!

(and I have another empty project box)

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Simply brilliant. And what serendipity to get all those desires met in one quilt!

Janie said...

So vibrant and exciting!
Super use of contrast.
Improv at its best.

Mary Marcotte said...

Well, obviously, I've been away too long! And missed some fun!
The moment I saw the top I recognized your inspiration. I love this version! How fun to change the background to those vibrant reds. (Nice to have the improv stars all lining up, too.)