02 February 2019

Quilt Finish, AD Hoc Improv Quilt Challenge, Red Is... Butterfly for February

My 'Uneven Thirds' improv quilt finished, washed and dried, 23 x 23".
'Uneven Thirds' back view, Kona cotton solids and a print.
My first two experimental 'Uneven Thirds' blocks as mug rugs.


February 2019 butterfly.

View out the back door, the rain storm has settled down for a while.



Hello from Rancho Palos Verdes!
Where the wind and rain have subsided.
And Happy February!

I finished, washed and dried my 'Uneven Thirds' improv quilt. I also have a photo of the first two 'Uneven Thirds' blocks made into mug rugs. And since I used (without even thinking about it) red as a neutral and binding I figured it would fit into the AHIQ challenge, Red Is.

I started using more red and orange in my work after studying Gwen Marston's and Freddie Moran's quilts. I know I've already talked about that in posts but I think I need to talk about it more because both women have such a fabulous, fearless way with color. They should not be forgotten, ever.

And it's February, the month where we remember how important love is.
Not the 'love' of passion that is fickle and comes and goes, but the enduring love of treating people the way we want to be treated. 

That's the news from the rancho.
Remembering to be thankful.
I'll be by to visit.

3 comments:

Kaja said...

Your use of colour is always fabulous too and your use of reds and oranges has helped me to see the possibilities in those shades.

Janie said...

Thank you, Kaja.
Color is an adventure isn't it?!

Robin said...

So pretty and vibrant. It just makes me happy looking at it!