30 June 2018

Summer Improv Challenge, Rail Fence Medallion Quilt

Original rail fence blocks made for 2017 summer improv challenge.

Rail Fence Medallion quilt, 30" x 36" machine quilting finished.

Detail of back quilting.

And front.


I wanted to post my progress on my rail fence medallion quilt.
I have company so I can't spend a long time writing. I did a write up in my current post on my blog so you can go there for more info, crazyvictoriana.blogspot.com.

Great projects here, thanks for sharing everyone!
Have a great day!

9 comments:

Kaja said...

Thanks for squeezing in the time to do this post, Janie. I really like the way the triangles work with the rail fence blocks. It's lovely to see this finished and hanging.

O'Quilts said...

Oh, my...great job..u r inspiring

Robin said...

I really like this piece. The quilting really adds to the overall design. It's a piece with a lot of vitality.

audrey said...

Beautiful work! Love this spirited looking piece.:)

Mystic Quilter said...

Janie - a tremendous finish! Love how you've kept a theme going with strips in the first border echoing the central portion also bringing in the improv HS triangles and repeating these in the border, love it!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I really like this quilt - the colors, the liberated feel, and the way you quilted it to enhance the piecing. WELL DONE!!!

Ann said...

Those borders change this from pretty to fantastic. Such as sense of movement, balance of color and pattern. Congratulations.
And enjoy the time with your friends.

KaHolly said...

Wow! Very inspiring!

Mary Marcotte said...

Everywhere I look on this quilt I see an exclamation mark! Seriously, this may be the most energetic quilt I've seen, ever! Love, love, love it!
(See what I did there with those exclamation marks?)